It is that time of year to fill shoeboxes with gifts for children around the world. For many children, these boxes will be the only gifts they receive.
This year, the effects of Covid19 have made the need greater than ever, so Samaritan’s Purse is doing all it can to make it as easy and safe as possible for everyone to still get involved. To make a difference in a young person’s life, there are two ways that you can take part in this amazing appeal:
- Visit shoeboxonline.org.uk
- Choose whether to fill a box for a boy or girl and what age range.
- Select from a range of gifts.
- Personalise your box by adding a photo of yourself (optional).
- Pay £20.00 online to cover the contents and transport.
May we encourage you to do this preferred method during these unusual and challenging times. Remember to let us know if you have taken part online so we can include your box/es in the count for this year.
- Fill a shoebox and take it to a drop-off location.
- Collect a leaflet from church (they are also available to print off online) and decide whether your box will be for a girl or boy and what age range.
- Fill a shoebox (there will be some in church) with gifts as suggested on the leaflet.
- Fill in the label and stick it to the outside of the box.
- Add a donation to cover transport in the envelope and place it in the box.
- Drop off your shoebox at The Entertainer toy shops in Haslemere and Guildford or KallKwik Printing in Farnham between 9th–16th November. Or, if it is easier, you can take your filled shoeboxes to St Alban’s church office by 8th November.
For more information, go to www.samaritans-purse.org.uk, Operation Christmas Child or contact Irene Newton (01428 609807) if you have any questions.